Request a Quote
Servicing These States
LATEST INSURANCE NEWS
Renters Insurance in Georgia
- Home »
- Renters Insurance
Since your landlord's policy only covers the building you live in, it's up to you to protect what's contained within. A qualified insurance agent can advise Dallas, GA renters about coverage options that provide the protection they need.
Similar to homeowners insurance, renter’s policies generally include:
- Personal Property Coverage. Most policies cover the cash value of personal belongings at the time of loss or damage. Policies reimburse you up to a certain amount, so you may opt for additional coverage if you have especially valuable items.
- Personal Liability. If someone files a lawsuit against you, insurance may pay for your legal expenses.
- Medical Expenses. If someone is injured on the premises you rent, your insurance can pay for their medical costs.
- Temporary Living Expenses. If a fire or other qualifying incident renders your home uninhabitable, insurance pays for your expenses when you move somewhere else while repairs are underway.
For Georgia tenants, insurance usually does not cover anything included in the landlord's policy. However, it may protect any improvements you make to your home or apartment, such as installing bookshelves or room partitions.
There are a few other factors Georgia tenants may want to consider before purchasing a renters policy.
- Check with Your Landlord. Talk to your landlord and read your lease carefully to see if you're required to carry a certain type or level of renters insurance.
- Coverage Amount. Find out whether your home is eligible for flood insurance coverage, or if any additional protection is recommended.
- Parents of College Students. If your child is heading off to college, check your policy to see whether their personal items are covered. If not, consider renters insurance.
At 1 Source Insurance, we are committed to helping renters secure the level of coverage that's right for them. Please call or visit our office to speak with a professional insurance agent serving the Dallas, GA area.